- We thought prices would be a lot higher than they are
- Freight is softer than we thought
- Watch out, it will tighten soon
- Give in to the demands of your carriers as they try to get you to "pre-pay" for price increases.
- Those who do this will be rewarded...
And of course my response continues to be the same: Prepaying for tight capacity is a waste of money. Those who followed this course 3 to 5 years ago have paid a lot of money for a day that still has not arrived.
Actually, you should follow the direction of the executives running these companies: They essentially say when capacity is tight, rates go up and when capacity is loose rates go down. That is the ultimate definition of a commodity. So, therefore, treat it that way.